What started the American Spiritualism movement of the mid 1800s? Was it connected to a God Machine built by John M. Spear in 1854 at the instruction of some American Founding Fathers long dead? Did Ancient Aliens have any influence over John M. Spear and how does a stolen statue honoring Civil War Soldiers fit into the story?
Find out in todays episode with hosts John LeMay and William Atkinson and #BeginTheDescent.
Story elements taken from
- John LeMay's book, (affiliate link) The Real Cowboys & Aliens: Old West UFOS 1865-1895
- As an Amazon associate we earn a small commision from purchases through affiliate links.
- The true Democrat, September 11, 1855, Page 1
- Alexandria gazette, November 21, 1855, Page 2
- Kenosha telegraph, May 09, 1851, page 1
- The Perrysburg journal, September 09, 1854, Page 186, Image 2
- Anti Slavery Bugle, March 6, 1846, page 3
Referenced YouTube Video: The Plight of the Electrizers: The Story of John Murray Spear.
Referenced Books of Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea
- Uncle Petros and Goldbach's Conjecture: A Novel of Mathematical Obsession
If you have show ideas or simply want your work - or yourself - on the show send an email to [email protected].
Follow us on Twitter: @PlotPit
Check us out on YouTube: @PlotPit