R.W. Hague joins us today for an author interview & discussing her work, Surviving Midas.
Surviving Midas: As a daughter of an FBI agent, Katie knows the basics of child abduction prevention: don’t talk to strangers, don’t get into a car with anyone you don’t know, and don’t piss off Midas. But Dad broke the last rule, and now Katie is left to pay for it.
The day after her fifteenth birthday, Katie Thompson opens a birthday card armed with a golden glitter bomb. At first, the prank seems harmless until she sees the card has been signed by Midas, the man her FBI father has been investigating for nearly a decade. The FBI dismisses the card as a taunt, one of many from Midas in the past, but the next day Katie is kidnapped by the infamous Midas. With Katie as his hostage, Midas now controls the FBI investigation that would see him destroyed.
Katie is held captive on the farm in the middle of nowhere with fifty other kids, all victims of Midas’s kidnapping ring. Here they are forced to work as slaves under hellish conditions. Food is always scarce, exposure to the elements is guaranteed, and sickness kills the weak. Escape is a death sentence, but mere survival might mean losing everything else.
Bio: R.W. Hague is a registered nurse with over eight years of experience within the medical field. Using her medical expertise, she writes stories that are gritty and compelling.
Hague obtained her Associate's Degree in Nursing Science at Chattanooga State Technical Community College and later obtained her Bachelor's at East Tennessee State University. She has experience in med-surg, urology, nephrology, home healthcare, neuro-intensive care, and education. Currently, Hague teaches nursing students at a local university and lives on a mini-farm with her husband, toddler son, clever dog, loveable cat, and growing number of chickens and ducks.
Check out R.W. Hague on Amazon: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Surviving Midas: Kindle, Paperback
- These are afiliate links which help support our channel as well as the author.
- Hardcover available on publisher site: https://walnutstreetpublishing.com/product/surviving-midas/
Check out R.W. Hague on social media:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hague_rw
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rwhague9/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorrwhague
Check out John LeMay on Amazon & our gear: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cowboys & Dogmen - Kindle & Paperback
- Mummies of the Americas - Kindle & Paperback
- Cowboys & Vampires - Kindle & Paperback
- Cowboys & Saurians: Dinosaurs Down Under - Kindle & Paperback
- Cowboys & Saurians: Ice Age - Kindle & Paperback
- Cowboys & Saurians: Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Beasts as Seen by the Pioneers - Kindle & Paperback
- Plot Pit Gear:
- All the above links are affiliate links to help support the channel with no additional cost to you.
- We merely earn a small commission if you choose to purchase the book via this link.
- Thank you for listening & supporting Plot Pit's mission to uplift all those who love story.
If you have show ideas or simply want your work - or yourself - on the show send an email to [email protected]. We also have a Discord server if you want to engage with us in a safe environment & share your stories!
Check us out on YouTube: @PlotPit.
Begin the Descent and join our Discord Server.
All plot ideas contained in this show are yours to use for your own story telling desires! We request only that you enjoy the show and if you would be so kind, share a link to the show with your social network and credit us (although not a requirement) if you do choose to write/tell these stories. If we have inspired you, we would love to have you on the show to discuss your work.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by guests on this podcast are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the podcast, its hosts, producers, or owners. Any content provided by guests is intended for informational and entertainment purposes only, and the podcast does not endorse, guarantee, or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such content. The podcast also does not intend to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.